Since its establishment in October 2008, Sothis Group ha logrado convertirse en la empresa líder en España en los sistemas de información para la llamada Industria 4.0. Es uno de los principales Gold Partners de SAP en España y está especializada en la industria de los sectores Agroalimentario, Farmacéutico, Químico, Construcción y Distribución, etc.
Sothis has three Business Units: UNE SAP, for management software from the market leader SAP AG; UNE Automation and Control, for industrial solutions with a special focus on plant control systems, mainly from the manufacturer SIEMENS AG; UNE Consultancy and Information Systems, for systems solutions, communications, virtualisation, mobility, etc., from the main manufacturers in the sector. Its main clients include companies in the agri-food, pharmaceutical, chemical, construction and distribution industries. Mercadona is its main client.
The company currently employs 420 people and has offices in Valencia, Madrid, Barcelona and Valladolid.
Sothis has started 2017 with double-digit growth, opening an important period of expansion thanks to the award of more than a dozen multi-year projects in national and international clients, including those to be carried out in Mercadona.
After a period of birth (2008-2012) and growth (2012-2016), Sothis Group faces the beginning of the next period 2017-2020 as a stage of expansion of existing businesses both quantitatively and geographically. During 2016, Sothis Group has incorporated and trained 60 new professionals - increasing its workforce by 17% compared to the previous year - and closed the year with a turnover of €31.8 million, - 6.3 % more than in 2015.
The preparation for the new projects has entailed a considerable investment to increase the workforce, which currently consists of 420 people. For this reason, the Sothis Group's 2016 pre-tax results were negative, in line with forecasts, due to the need to prepare the company to face its strategic plan for the next 5 years.
Similarly, in 2016 the Sothis Group consolidated its relationship with the main financial institutions that make up its "banking pool" and have been supporting it since its foundation. In this way, the company strengthens the relationship of trust and long term, and ensures the necessary resources to face the expansion phase that begins in 2017.
Juan Roig, through Angels Capital, which already held 75% of Sothis, has acquired the remaining 25%.
With this transaction, the founding partners of the technology company, including the chairman, Joaquín Alcober, and the managing director, Jorge Hilario, are exiting the capital. Angels has been progressively taking stakes in recent years. The new CEO of Grupo Sothis is Raúl Martínez, until now investment manager at Angels.
According to Jorge Hilario, CEO of Grupo Sothis, "The sale has been a difficult and considered decision that we have taken because we believe we have reached the stage of maturity that we were looking for when we created the company. A new stage begins, with new challenges and projects, and I know that there are no better hands than those of Angels to ensure that Grupo Sothis continues to grow along the path we have built together".
If you are looking for investors, you want to buy or selling a companyplease contact us. Abra-Invest has a team of experts in each area at your disposal. Call +34 946424142 or fill in the contact form.