What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the terminal with which you are browsing when you access our website. Cookies allow the website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about your visit and your browsing habits, and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your terminal, they can be used to recognise the user; all of this in order to facilitate your next visit and make more efficient use of our website. Cookies play a very important role and contribute to a better browsing experience for the user.
Types of cookies
Below, cookies are classified according to a series of categories. However, it is necessary to bear in mind that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
1. Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
Depending on the entity that manages the equipment or domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, we can distinguish:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
2. Types of cookies according to the length of time they remain active
Depending on the length of time they remain activated in the terminal equipment, we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: These are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
They are usually used to store information that is only relevant for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookie in which the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
3. Types of cookies according to their purpose
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical Cookies: These are those that allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist on it such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, making the application for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: These cookies allow the user to access the service with certain predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These cookies allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data on the use made by the users of the service. Advertising Cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency at which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies enable the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
Cookies used on the website
The cookies that are being used on this website are identified below, as well as their type and function:
The BAKER TILLY website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed by Google, which allows the measurement and analysis of navigation on websites. You will see cookies from this service on your terminal. According to the above typology, these are first-party, session and analysis cookies.
Through web analytics, information is obtained on the number of users accessing the website, the number of pages viewed, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator providing the service, the language, the terminal used and the city to which your IP address is assigned. This information enables this website to provide a better and more appropriate service.
To ensure anonymity, Google will anonymise your information by truncating the IP address before storing it, so that Google Analytics is not used to locate or collect personally identifiable information about visitors to the site. Google may only send the information collected by Google Analytics to third parties insofar as it is legally obliged to do so. In accordance with the Google Analytics terms of service, Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
How to delete cookies
Through the configuration of your Internet browser options, you can easily delete the cookies installed on your terminal. Please note that if you delete cookies on your terminal, the quality of the website may decrease. In the following links you can find all the information to delete cookies in each browser:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies