Darktrace is the world's leading cybernetic artificial intelligence company and the creator of the technology Autonomous Response.
Its self-learning AI is based on the human immune system and is used by more than 3500 organisations to protect against threats to cloud, email, IoT, network and industrial systems.This includes insider threats, industrial espionage, IoT compromises, zero-day malware, data loss, supply chain risk and long-term infrastructure vulnerabilities.
The company has made a total of 8 rounds of funding. Details of the rounds it has completed are given below:
- 17 March 2015 A Series A was conducted with a total of 4 investors and raised $18M. The main investors were Invoke Capital Partners and Talis Capital.
- 22 July 2015 a Series B was conducted with only one investor, Summit Partners, and raised $22.5M.
- 5 July 2016 A Series C was conducted with a total of 5 investors and raised a total of $65M. The lead investor was Kohlberg Kravis Roberts.
- 11 July 2017 A Series D was conducted with a total of 4 investors and raised a total of $75M. The lead investor was Insight Partners
- 1 January 2018 a secondary market round was conducted with only one investor.
- 7 March 2018 non-equity assistance was provided with only one investor, Fifty Futures.
- 15 March 2018 a secondary market round was conducted with only one investor, Vitruvio Partners.
- 26 September 2018 A Series E was conducted with a total of 3 investors and raised a total of $50M. The main investor was Vitruvian Partners.