Contact

The new European venture capital law will allow investment in real estate and listed firms.


Integral service around a transaction
BY : Diego GutiérrezMarch Fri, 2015
The new European law regulating L/P investment funds will be implemented in the first half of 2015. Among the new features, the purchase of real estate assets and listed companies will be allowed, although certain conditions must be met.

 

Terms:

1.They shall be closed-end funds with the possibility of redemption to shareholders.

2. 70% of its assets shall continue to be allocated to non-financial corporations and real assets, such as infrastructure, or real estate, or real estate with a social component. The remaining 30% may be allocated to transferable securities and money market instruments.

 
3.Listed investee companies shall be small-cap companies.
Initially they will be aimed at institutional investors, although marketing to private individuals is permitted. 

Once the regulation enters into force, national managers will be able to use them directly in the EU framework, without the need to transpose it into Spanish law. 

 

Other new features of the law

In addition, the new law introduces other new features, which are described below:

1.Makes the financial regime for venture capital institutions more flexible.
 
2. It creates the figure of SME-venture capital entities, which allows these entities to invest 70 percent of their equity in SME shares, participating in their management and advising them.
 
 
3. It almost completely eliminates the regime of administrative intervention by the National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) on venture capital companies and closed-end collective investment undertakings.
 

The M&A Professionals

Meet our services

CONTACT US

MEET
OUR
METODOLOGY

Do you want to be up to date?

SUSCRIBE OUR NEWSLETTER

Our diferentiation

Market Research Technology
Our team of market analysis specialists is continuously analyzing the investments of the most active markets in the industry in order to unceasingly contribute ideas of the current market situation and identify the most relevant trends for senior management. We integrate the most relevant sources of information which allows us to discover the most interesting companies for venture capital and similarly helps us to identify the investors with the highest probability of involvement in an M&A process to ensure the success of our sell-side operations.

The reports and deductions of our advisors provide a broad view of the sector, both geographically and from the complementary or adjacent markets perspective.
Technology Data Analytics
for M&A
Advanced data anlytics is a weapon". Intelfin is an artificial intelligence tool we use for investing and creating value in SMEs through competitive analytics and the enterprise environment.

IntelFin consists of a cognitive system, which, through the application of advanced analytical technologies, facilitates the automation of investment and financing decisions in the field of non-listed companies and especially SMEs in high-growth sectors.

The information related to these companies is characterized by their lack of transparency and heterogeneity; thus, it is necessary to develop an advanced analysis which is as much predictive as prescriptive and is developed in a natural language custom, suitable to obtain greater clarity and knowledge of the investment scope.

The IntelFin system focuses especially on analyzing the variables that define and influence the competitive environment of a sector and the positioning of a company, analyzing their influence on future value creation. Therefore, IntelFin supports strategic decision-making to senior management by resolving questions such as:

¿What are my competitors' priorities, strategies and expansion plans? Who's my competition? Which competitor is most likely to grow at a higher rate?
Which areas of activity/business models will receive the most investment? Which sectors are most attractive to investors?
Which companies are going to experience the most growth in the near future? Which companies are most likely to receive investment or be acquired?
Training Methodology
We have developed training programs in an innovative set-up which guarantees our teams the acquisition of technical competences both in the field of corporate finance and in the field of psychology, that is much needed when it comes to negotiation processes.

We have a culture of continuous improvement of our processes, closely related to the use of information systems that allow the enhancement of internal communication between our teams, as well as external communication with our customers. Hence, we extend best practices identified internally in an efficient and rapid manner among our members.

Are you one of those who prefer to be well informed when making decisions?

M&A NEWS
INDUSTRIAL REPORTS
crossmenu